Friday, January 16, 2015

Friday Fixer: Magic Erasers



Product: Mr. Clean Magic Eraser
Price: $3.98 for 4 
Where to Buy: Home Depot, Loews, Giant, Shoppers, etc.

One of my favorite Swept Away tricks for a clean home is the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser.  To be honest, these little white sponges are life savers.  While they have a number of uses, Swept Away primarily uses them for cleaning doors, baseboards, and light switches.  They do wonders for removing scuffs and finger prints.  However, we never use them on anything that is not white.  I try to stray away from trying things that could damage or discolor.

In my own home, I use the Magic Eraser for everything.  Here are a few of my most common uses (besides the three I mentioned above):
  1. Wall scuffs - As a new homeowner, one of my biggest pet peeves are scuffs on the walls.  I {detest} them.  And I don't know about you, but it always seems like mine come out of nowhere.  Walk by the wall. Scuffed.  Breathe by the wall. Scuffed. Think about the wall. Scuffed.  Anytime I am about to have company over (and sometimes just because of my OCD) I go through my condo and use the Magic Eraser on all the scuffs to get my place looking new again.  I have white walls and have never had an issue with the walls discoloring or leaving weird marks. 
  2. Pots and Pans - They get out tough grease spots.
  3. Ink Stains on my desk.  
How to use:

1. Wet 
2. Ring out excess water
3. Wipe Away (should only need a few swipes)
4. Be Amazed

I would recommend trying this in a small and inconspicuous spot to ensure that if you do not like the result, it will not stand out and be a sore reminder of that time you tried to fix something yourself.

Here are some before and after pictures from my recent Magic Eraser party (and by party, I mean just me.  Erasing things all over my house).

BEFORE  (black mark)   AFTER

BEFORE (blue mark)            AFTER


 {side note - I have not idea what that big blue mark is on my kitchen wall -_-}

BEFORE (diagonal mark)      AFTER



I did this in about ten other places, but the marks didn't show up in pictures as well as they do in real life.  I think you get the point.  Go try it!





No comments:

Post a Comment